Today's Quotes

"Champions have the courage to keep turning the pages because they know a better chapter lies ahead."

~Paula White





Follow Me on Pinterest TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusEmail


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hold On to Hope

Today I had lunch with a friend who is having way too many problems, financial, marriage, children, but they are not from today, they are continuous.  The more I would try to guide her toward a solution the more she assured me there was none.  After I was with my friend I felt depleted of energy and a little more negative than I had started the day. At times I wondered am I like that with my own life. You know what helps me, reading positive quotes, books, affirmations, listening to positive speeches.  I can literally get myself out of a slump by filling myself with positive feedback.

There is a crisis, it's hard to ignore that there is, but do we need to hear how much the unemployment is rising, how much big corporations are not paying their share of taxes, how much unrest there is in the world day in and  day out.  I am not proposing that we ignore what is going on around us, I am just saying what if we all began to see the glass half full and continued trying to improve our lives.  Wouldn't that help make things better.  How does it help that we listen to the media with their dooms day story until we can't see straight and we get depressed.

It sure doesn't help me.  So lately I have surrounded myself with positive quotes all over my house, in my purse in my nightstand.  I listen to Suze Orman on my ride on the Metro.  I listen to Stephen Covey when I get insomnia and I can't sleep.  Hold on to hope, it will help Weaweather the storm.

0 comments:

Dí lo que piensas...

Followers